Why not escape, and enjoy two days of total tranquility in Herefordshire’s beautiful Golden Valley and the Black Mountains of Wales?
” an idyllic spot with spectacular views of the Black Mountains…” Country Living
Our romantic Hideaway is perfect for couples who want to enjoy a blissful holiday in luxurious surroundings; think hand-carved bed, log-burning stove, picture-perfect views (even from your bed!) and superb food and wonderful location where peace and relaxation reigns supreme.
“Amazing! Rhiannon made our fifth wedding anniversary one to remember!”
At Little Trewern, we are offering a 2 day romantic hideaway break for two, which includes 3 course dinner, bed, breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea on both days for the all-inclusive price of £310.00, based on two sharing the double room.
So what can you do a on a romantic hideaway break for two at Little Trewern?
- Lie in bed as late as you like, between luxury Egyptian cotton sheets, gazing at the hills and the mountains. You can have breakfast as late as 11am!
After a special Little Trewern breakfast, you can wander around our own seven acres of woodland, fields, and a magic little dell. You can hear the woodpeckers drumming, watch the swallows and house-martins swooping in summer, and , if you are really lucky, see the otters that live on “our” stretch of the River Monnow!
Then enjoy a wonderful Little Trewern lunch on the terrace, which overlooks the beautiful Monnow valley and the Black Mountains beyond. Quite often our guests get no further than this, because they fall asleep in the comfortable cushioned chairs, and by the time they wake up, it’s time for afternoon tea!
- Or get up early, enjoy a hearty Little Trewern breakfast, then spend the day walking from our front door, through peaceful river valleys, or climb up towards the ridges of the Black Mountains and enjoy the superb views across two countries. And take a really tasty Little Trewern lunch-pack with you! (Or you can go horse-riding, cycling, canoeing, or para-gliding instead!)
- If the weather is wet or cool (and whoever heard of that in England and Wales?!) we light the log-fire, and you can sit and gaze into the flames, read a novel, or just snooze!
- Enjoy Rhiannon’s superb cooking (“gourmet meals” was Country’ Living‘s take on the food!) with a choice of delicious three course-meals. And you can drink as much as you like – because we ask you to bring your own wine, as we are not licensed!
Take a trip over to Hay on Wye through some of the most spectacular countryside in Wales – “better than the festival itself” as one guest put it! Then return along the lovely Golden Valley to Little Trewern. You can also visit some wonderful castles, such as the White Castle, Goodrich, and Skenfrith; or take a short drive to the romantic ruins of Llanthony Priory – one of our favourite destinations.
Whatever you do
We guarantee you total peace and quiet here at Little Trewern!
We really are hidden away at the end of a lovely Herefordshire country lane. (check us out on Google earth) but you can keep quiet about the fact that you do actually have broadband here! You can’t even wave to a neighbour at Little Trewern, as you can’t see them, and there is no absolutely no traffic noise – just the murmuring of the river meandering along the beautiful Monnow valley.
Your bedroom and private sitting room / dining room at Little Trewern are in the ground floor annexe, with its own private entrance from the courtyard. This means that there is excellent disabled access, since your bedroom, private bathroom, and the dining room, are all on the same level, and there are no steps to negotiate.
It also means that you can’t hear us getting up to make your breakfast!
What is included in your Romantic break for two for 2 days?
Dinner – a choice of delicious three course meals, plus tea or coffee and petits fours.
Breakfast – a full English breakfast, or choose one of the four options from the Little Trewern breakfast menu
Lunch – we will offer you a delicious healthy packed lunch, or you can have a bistro-style lunch on the terrace or in the dining room at Little Trewern. In winter we provide home-made soup and Rhiannon’s Aga-baked bread.
Afternoon tea – what romantic break is complete without an English or Welsh afternoon tea (do try a slice or two of Bara Brith – a Welsh speciality)
An early morning or mid-morning pot of tea or carafe of coffee, to help you on your way!
Check availability on our calendar, and if are two days free, even at the weekend, go ahead and book yourself in!
- Tripadvisor reviews of Little Trewern Bed and Breakfast in Longtown