Why not escape, and enjoy two days of total tranquility in Herefordshire’s beautiful Golden Valley and the Black Mountains of Wales?
” an idyllic spot with spectacular views of the Black Mountains…” Country Living
Over 5% of the UK’s population are vegetarian, which means that there are at least 3 million vegetarians or vegans in the UK today. Yet put in an internet search for a “Romantic Break for Vegetarians” and very few options come up!
So at Little Trewern we have decided to change all that! We are offering an all-inclusive two-day Romantic Break for Two with a delicious Vegetarian (and Vegan) menu to choose from.
Our Vegetarian Romantic Break for Two is perfect for couples who want to enjoy a blissful holiday in luxurious surroundings; think hand-carved bed, log-burning stove, picture-perfect views (even from your bed!) and superb (vegetarian and vegan) food and wonderful location, where peace and relaxation reign supreme.
Our Vegetarian Romantic Break for two, includes 3 course dinner, bed, breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea on both days for the all-inclusive price of £310.00, based on two sharing the double room.
So what can you do a on a Vegetarian Romantic Break at Little Trewern?
- Lie in bed as late as you like, between luxury Egyptian cotton sheets, gazing at the hills and the mountains. You can have breakfast as late as 11am!
After a special Little Trewern breakfast, you can wander around our own seven acres of woodland, fields, and a magic little dell. You can hear the woodpeckers drumming, watch the swallows and house-martins swooping in summer, and , if you are really lucky, see the otters that live on “our” stretch of the River Monnow!
Then enjoy a wonderful Little Trewern lunch on the terrace, which overlooks the beautiful Monnow valley and the Black Mountains beyond. Or in winter, enjoy home-made soup and ciabatta bread baked in our oven, whilst relaxing by the fire in your own sitting room.
- Or get up early, enjoy a hearty Little Trewern breakfast, then spend the day walking from our front door, through peaceful river valleys, or climb up towards the ridges of the Black Mountains and enjoy the superb views across two countries. And take a really tasty Little Trewern lunch-pack with you! (Or you can go horse-riding, cycling, canoeing, or para-gliding instead!)
- If the weather is wet or cool (and whoever heard of that in England and Wales?!) we light the log-fire, and you can sit and gaze into the flames, read a novel, or just snooze!
- Enjoy Rhiannon’s superb cooking (“gourmet meals” was Country’ Living‘s take on the food!) with a choice of delicious three course vegetarian and vegan meals. And you can drink as much as you like – because we ask you to bring your own wine, as we are not licensed!
- Take a trip over to Hay on Wye through some of the most spectacular countryside in Wales – “better than the festival itself” as one guest put it! Then return along the lovely Golden Valley to Little Trewern. You can also visit some wonderful castles, such as the White Castle, Goodrich, and Skenfrith; or take a short drive to the romantic ruins of Llanthony Priory – one of our favourite destinations.
Whatever you do, we guarantee you total peace and privacy here on your Vegetarian Romantic Break!
Your bedroom and private sitting room / dining room at Little Trewern are in the ground floor annexe, with its own private entrance from the courtyard. This means that there is excellent disabled access, since your bedroom, private bathroom, and the dining room, are all on the same level, and there are no steps to negotiate.
What is included in your Vegetarian Romantic break for two for 2 days?
Dinner – a choice of delicious three course vegetarian and vegan meals, plus tea (of many sorts!) or coffee and petits fours.
Breakfast – a full vegetarian English breakfast, or choose one of the four options from the Little Trewern breakfast menu.
Lunch – we will offer you a delicious healthy vegetarian packed lunch, or you can have a bistro-style lunch on the terrace or in the dining room at Little Trewern. In winter we provide home-made soup and Rhiannon’s Aga-baked bread.
Afternoon tea – what romantic break is complete without an English or Welsh afternoon tea (do try a slice or two of vegetarian Bara Brith – a Welsh speciality)
An early morning or mid-morning pot of tea or carafe of coffee, to help you on your way!
Check availability on our calendar, and if are two days free, even at the weekend, go ahead and book yourself in!
Vegetarian Romantic Break for Two